Bellagio Walking Tour
Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
Bellagio Walking Tour
Discover the hidden corners of Bellagio
A 2 1/2 hour guided walk through the old town and its enchanting surroundings plus lunch at a Michelin listed lakefront restaurant a few steps away from the magnificent gardens of Villa Melzi.
|Departs: Wed, Fri, Sun – 10:00 a.m.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 95 / Youth (4-12): Euro 45 / Child (0-3): free
Are you looking for a private or bespoke tour? Contact us
Boat Terminal Ticket Office
(opposite Hotel du Lac)
Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini
Bellagio – ITALY
There are 2 different terminals in Bellagio, please make sure you choose the passenger boat terminal and not the car ferry terminal.
Our Bellagio Walking Tour starts in front of the Boat Terminal Ticket Office.
Just look for the team with the LAKE COMO FOOD TOURS sign !
A peninsula in the heart of the lake, dividing the Como branch from that of Lecco and positioning at its extremity this characteristic village and Punta Spartivento.
An enchanting place, famous for having been the love nest of renowned people like John Fitzgerald Kennedy, who spent time with his wife Jacqueline at Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in June 1963, and the eminent Hungarian composer Franz Liszt who lived an intense passion with Marie-Catherine de Flavigny between 1836 and 1837.
During this unique 2½ hour walking tour we will explore Bellagio’s historic center and its marvelous and characteristic surroundings. Our first stop is Punta Spartivento, allowing us to admire the superb views of the lake’s three branches against a towering alpine background. We will then walk through the picturesque and colorful steep stone alleys of the hamlet bringing us to the characteristic fishing village of Pescallo. Moving on over the hills to Aureggio, the upper part of the peninsula crossing lush gardens and olive groves we pass by noble villas and Romanesque churches descending a grassy path to the port of Loppia, home to rare examples of 19th century Larian Gondolas.
The tour continues with another highlight: the romantic gardens of Villa Melzi where our tour guide will introduce you to the history of the gardens and of the villa before taking you to our last stop a gourmet Michelin listed lakefront restaurant where you will be served a delicious lunch, that includes a typical Italian appetizer, a home made pasta dish and a glass of fresh local wine. You will fall in love with this enchanting location: small elegantly set tables gathered under a wonderful pergola overlooking the lake and the small fishing port of Loppia.
After lunch you shall be free to explore the gardens of Villa Melzi, using the tickets provided by our guide, and relax while taking in the colors and atmosphere of this enchanting place.
We like to keep things informal and familiar. Our tour groups are limited too, usually no larger than 15 people to ensure that you have a personal experience.
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Entrance Tickets to Villa Melzi.
- Lunch at a Michelin listed restaurant (Italian appetizer, pasta, water and a glass of wine, water).
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme.
- The meeting and end point are reasonably close and well connected to public transport.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- While the area is quite flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- The tour runs rain or shine. If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella, as you will be outside for much of the tour.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.