Como Food Tour
Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
Como Food Tour
Walking Food Tour of Como
A 2 ½ hour guided walk through the old town with several mouthwatering stops in selected shops.
|Departs: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat – 10 a.m. or 5:00 p.m.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 95 / Youth (4-12): Euro 45 / Child (0-3): free
Our 2 ½ hour Como Food Tour provides a unique food tasting experience. More than a simple “walk and eat” tour, our professional English-speaking guides will give you the local insider view of the history, culture and architecture, which makes up this fascinating city.
Enjoy a cultural and gastronomic journey strolling along the alleyways of the historical city center in our pleasant sub-tropical climate. Admire the principal monuments such as the great Gothic-Renaissance Duomo, the “Broletto” – town hall Palace and the church of San Fedele – a fine example of Romanesque style, all whilst pausing at the most popular food shops to enjoy the dishes and flavors most appreciated by locals.
Meet your friendly guide in front of the Hotel Metropole Suisse and begin wandering through historic neighborhoods to take in the vibrant cultural atmosphere while sampling tasty focaccia, followed by a choice of local cheeses. If you are a cheese lover you are in the right place: with the mountains in proximity, dairy delights can be found here. Sample high quality extra virgin olive oils harvested from the most current crops around Lake Como and Southern Italy. Taste delicious fruit based barrel aged balsamic from Modena and visit one of the most famous “enoteca” to sample a delicious local wine together with an exquisite tasting of the finest local sliced meats such as bresaola, prosciutto, salame and mortadella. Our expert guide will explain the various wines produced in the area.
Learn all about the cooking process from your expert guide as you savor a tasting of fresh lake fish in one of the most popular restaurants in Como. This is the best time to sit, relax and get to know your travelling companions while enjoying a delicious pasta dish accompanied with a glass of local wine finishing with our famous Italian espresso.
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Delicious, genuine typical food samplings in several authentic locations.
- Lunch (starter, pasta, a glass of wine, water and coffee)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme must be paid separately
- The meeting and end point are reasonably close and well connected to public transport.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- While the area is quite flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- The tour runs rain or shine. If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella, as you will be outside for much of the tour.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.