Lecco Food Tour
Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
Lecco Food Tour
5 tastings + meal
|Departs: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat – 10 a.m. or 5 p.m.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 85 / Youth (4-12): Euro 35 / Child (0-3): Free
Lecco Tourist Information Office
P.zza XX Settembre, 23
Lecco – ITALY
Our Lecco Food Tour starts in front of the Tourist Information Office.
Just look for the team with the LAKE COMO FOOD TOURS sign!
We start in typical Italian fashion with real coffee and delicious local cookies. Breakfast, “colazione” plays an important role in Italian social life and is as much about the right way to start the day with food and drink as it is about socializing.
Rub shoulders with Italians, listen to the musical ups and downs of our language and maybe dare to exchange a few words with your neighbor… you’ll see how easy it is to make friends in this country!
Our expert guides will show you the nooks and crannies of the town, rich with history and tradition, hidden away from common guidebooks and at the same time whetting your appetite with more mouthwatering delicious salty finger food.
Whilst discovering Alessandro Manzoni and Lecco’s architect Giuseppe Bovara, you will sample the finest prosciutto, mortadella and bresaola, all followed by varieties of tasty focaccia. If you are a cheese lover you are in the right place, with the mountains in proximity, dairy delights such as Taleggio and Casera can be had … and for the most daring maybe a taste of the smelliest cheeses from the surrounding alpine pastures.
To follow, depending on availability, you will taste the typical local polpetta called Mondeghilo and, given the proximity of the lake, some typical local fresh water finger food.
Lunch and dinner will be served in a typical restaurant renowned for highlighting the ancient lake and land flavors in its dishes. This is the best time to relax and get to know your travelling companions while enjoying a delicious pasta dish accompanied with a glass of local Valtellina red wine and finishing with our famous Italian espresso.
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Delicious, genuine typical food samplings in several authentic locations.
- Lunch (starter, pasta, a glass of wine, water and coffee)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme must be paid separately
- The meeting and end point are reasonably close and well connected to public transport.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- While the area is quite flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- The tour runs rain or shine. If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella, as you will be outside for much of the tour.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.