Sentiero del Viandante Hike
Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
Sentiero del Viandante Hike
A 4 hour guided trekking through chestnut woods and olive trees providing unparalleled views over the lake and the mountains.
|Departs: Daily, 9:00 a.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 120 / Youth (8-12): 60
P.zza Martiri della Libertà
Varenna – ITALY
Our Sentiero del Viandante Tour starts in front of the Ferry Terminal Ticket Office.
Just look for the team with the LAKE COMO FOOD TOURS sign!
This path was the ancient way of connection between Lecco and Valtellina: starting from Abbadia and passing through the territories of Varenna and Dervio, the path reaches Colico, following the eastern shore of Lake Como at middle mountain level.
Mountain walking allows us to get to know both nature and ourselves. It allows us to take a timeout from the grey cement cities and enter into harmony with our surroundings, listening to the sounds and silence of nature, our thoughts and to share these sensations with our travel companions.
The Sentiero del Viandante is ideally divided into 3 or 4 stages: what we suggest is the Bellano – Varenna part, which is one of the most scenic ones. During this experience you will have the time to relax and savour some delicious local tastings: salame, cheeses, vegetables, accompanied with bread to finish with something sweet.
A professional guide will meet you in Varenna, where you will take the train to reach Bellano. You will then start your 3-hour hiking back to the starting point in Varenna.
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Train ticket Varenna/Bellano.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme must be paid separately
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking.
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are a few significant elevation gain and loss on this hike. Effective duration of the hike: 3 hours.
- Participants should be active and healthy.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.