Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
A 4 hour guided trekking through chestnut woods and characteristic villages providing unparalleled views over the lake and the mountains.
|Departs: Daily, 8:30 a.m.
Duration: 6 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 130 / Youth (8-12): Euro 60
Our Torno/Montepiatto Hike starts outside the Hotel Metropole Suisse.
Hotel Metropole Suisse
Piazza Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, 19
Como – ITALY
Just look for the team with the LAKE COMO FOOD TOURS sign!
This 4 hour guided trekking will allow you to discover part of the “Strada Regia” a panoramic mountainside path winding through chestnut woods and characteristic villages the ancient way of connection between Como and Bellagio (32 km).
A professional guide will meet you in Como from the lakeside road in the town center. The tour starts with an unforgettable 30 minutes cruise of the lake by public boat to reach the beautiful village of Torno, where we will start our trekking through the charming village to reach the beginning of our trail that will lead us to the nice hamlet of Piazzaga with crotto and chapel. We will cross valleys and villages admiring the fascinating Massi Avelli along the way, erratic rocks which have represented an interesting archeological mystery in the past, which has not been solved yet.
The experience continues until reaching another enchanting hamlet: Monte Piatto. Here we will stop to re-fuel enjoying the view over the lake from the church Santa Elisabetta and taking photos of the curious “Pietra Pendula”, a huge boulder suspended on the apex of a limestone rock. An ideal location to savor some delicious local tastings: salame, cheeses, vegetables, accompanied with bread to finish with something sweet.
We will soon start our descent to Torno along a well defined mule track . This will end our tour leaving you free to relax and enjoy lunch in one of the characteristic restaurants facing the lake. Boats leave regularly from the beautiful harbor-square, piazza Casartelli. A pleasant cruise will take you back to Como or to the other villages where you chose your accommodation.
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Public boat ticket Como/Torno.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Public boat ticket Torno/Como.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals.
- No wheelchair access.
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking.
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are is some significant elevation gain and loss on this hike. (Duration of the tour: 6 hours, including cruise and tasting time. Effective duration of the hike: 4 hours).
- Participants should be active and healthy.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.