Varenna Walk & Eat Tour
Are you looking for private or bespoke tours?
Varenna Walk & Eat Tour
A 2 1/2 hour guided walk through the narrow streets of this fascinating village accompanied with the tasting of delicious local products and the sampling of olive oil at an original mill.
|Departure: Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun , 10 a.m.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Minimum: 2 adults
Price: Adult: Euro 75 / Youth (4-12): Euro 45 /Child (0-3): Free
Additional light lunch: + Euro 30
Are you looking for a private or bespoke tour?
P.zza Martiri della Libertà
Varenna – ITALY
Our Varenna Walking Tour starts in front of the Ferry Terminal Ticket Office.
Just look for the team with the LAKE COMO FOOD TOURS sign!
During this unique 2 1/2 hour walking tour we will explore Varenna’s historic centre and will visit a fascinating original mill on the hills of Perledo where you will be offered a tasting of the world famous locally produced olive oil, typical Valsassina cheese, cold cuts and wine.
Varenna, with celtic origins, steep alleys, colorful houses and beautiful churches, is the most charming town on the Lecco side of the lake. One of the three perls of Lake Como, together with Bellagio and Menaggio have enchanted visitors over the years.
We will visit the church of San Giorgio, a true masterpiece of the 14th century famous for its black marble floor and its beautiful frescoes adorning the interior of the basilica. We will then proceed to the tiny St. John the Baptist church, one of the oldest churches on lake Como dating back to the eleventh century. We will walk down ancient stone alleys passing by elegant cafes and artisan workshops finishing on the panoramic and romantic lake front “passeggiata degli innamorati” (lover’s walk), a beautiful walkway not to be missed.
Optionally as an extra, you may decide to join the group for lunch. Lunch will be served in a lakefront restaurant where you will sample typical freshwater fish starters and delicious pasta (a non-fish menu will also be available).
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Tasting of delicious local specialties in a charming old mill (local olive oil, Valsassina cheese, cold cuts, wine, liquor).
- Optionally as an extra: light lunch in a typical lakefront restaurant (starters, pasta dish, water, a glass of wine and coffee.)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- The costs of any souvenirs/ drinks / snacks / meals that are not explicitly listed in the programme must be paid separately
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- A fair amount of walking is involved. Please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking. (The trail to the mill where we do the tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes for walking).
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- The tour runs rain or shine.
- Please remember that bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- This tour is in English. Other languages are available, contact us.
- If you cancel your tour 7 or more days before your tour you shall be fully refunded.
- There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 7 days (168 hours) before the start of your tour.
- There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour (our tours start promptly, the guide shall not be able to linger).
- If you need to reschedule your booked tour we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us directly by email or phone. In case we cannot meet your needs and you decide to cancel, no refund shall be given for tours that are cancelled with 7 of fewer days notice.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions policy here.